MOOC: Aircraft Engines
A collaboration of Technische Universität Braunschweig (TUBS) and Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH).
What is MOOC?
MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course, particularly
Massive: Unlimited participation of students via word wide web
Open: Free of charge, with open registration for an enrolled student at any university in the world
Online: Available at any time via internet
Course: University credits available if test passed successfully or get a certificate of participation
About this Course
Participants in this course will be taught the technological aspects of aircraft engines, their design, and operation. Additionally, economical parameters and legal issues of approval will be introduced. Based on the flight mission analysis and other constraints, the methodology and objective of engine design will be illustrated taking into account component matching and aircraft integration. Furthermore, participants will learn to estimate the technological potential of advanced propulsion concepts.
What you’ll learn
- Mission Analysis & requirements
- Statutory registration regulations
- Overall design of a jet engine
- Component design of Compressor, Turbine, Combustion chamber and Nozzle
- Coupling of Compressor & Turbine with Nozzle
- Novel concepts (GTF, Oper Rotor, Electrical drives, MEE)
- Novel thermodynamic cycles (Intercooling, heat exchanger, new fuels)